Monday 9 July 2018

Does size matter?

Nothing quite more annoying then shopping at H&M and noticing your normal size don't fit you. This may matter to some of you girls, but to me this is not much of a problem as I usually have to pick up more than one size and pick out of the item which fits me the best. Usually it would be a size 6 or 8 but sometimes I have to get a size 10 depending on the style of clothing.



Girls I wouldn't be so worried about this because not all pieces of clothing are true to fit always. I say this from my experience. I also think it is important to love your body no matter the size and embrace it because, what looks more sexier to a guy than a girl, who feels comfortable and confident in her own body. I am not saying we all don't have flues that we hate about ourselves. I have several flues I dislike about myself like my stretch marks all over my leg and thighs, slight flab on my belly and scares. I am sure that many of you can relate to this and I have learnt over the past to slowly be able to love my body and I must admit I am still on the track to excepting my flues day by day.

Going back to the H&M sizing matter, I spoke to a customer who shops at H&M regularly, and she said ''I feel disgusted and made to feel fatter than I am. I bought a size 12 dress without trying it on and when I got home, tried it on and it didn't fit. I feel in love with this dress and really wanted it. I therefore got a size up,14 and that still didn't fit. As disappointed as I was, I somehow thought to myself why not try one more size up and with big surprise it fit. I have never in my life wore a size 16. I got home and compared the size 16 to my size 12 clothes and the size 16 dress in H&M was exactly as my size 12 dresses.''


H&M Example of the wrong sizing:

This top is an Size 10 and EU 36, according to the label. But it's commonly accepted that EU 36 actually represents a Size 8.
 
I have noticed the wrong sizing myself from being someone who shops a lot at different stores and if any of you ever wondered why you have to go up a size in H&M, it is because the chain does not conform to the standard UK Size conversion to European conversion Sizes which if you ask me is appalling  and disgraceful when having a huge market within the UK.
 
What a disgrace this is to H&M, making girls feel uncomfortable in their own and unhappy. I personally don't see that size does matter as stated above in the post but I can truly understand why some girls would say that size does matter, especially if they never experienced nothing like this when buying a piece of clothing. It can make change some girls self-esteem and how they feel within
their body.

I know for a fact that a lot of you girls, will have your own views and options regarding this whole thing of does size matter and maybe you have had a similar experience with H&M or even another clothing store/ brand. I would love to hear about it in the comments bellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment