Monday 30 July 2018

Cousin's Graduation Day and What I wore

I, myself have never gone to Uni and the real reason behind that is I always saw Uni as a place to get away from home and get smashed. Yes, not in all cases but the majority of the time this is the case for students these days and I am not judging because we only live once and should enjoy life and make the choices for ourselves best. In my option for myself, I could still go out and get smashed if I wanted to without going to Uni. 

I also didn't see myself going to Uni as I didn't have a specific subject I wanted to study and I guess that was another big part of the reason why I didn't go to Uni. I didn't want to waste my 3 years of learning on a subject which I wasn't so keen on and didn't see myself getting a carer in that sector. I guess it is a great opportunity for those who actually know what they want to do in life, otherwise, I personally wouldn't want to be in debt for something I wasn't going to enjoy and then just find a standard job like many of the graduates, not related to my studies. 

Some students that study such a course like; Law will most definitely get their dream carer in the job sector they want with the good grades and hard work but then again everyone's path is different in life and some are luckier and may even get further than those going to Uni. They say that '' it's not what you know but who you know'' or how much you really want it in life and what you give out of yourself. I haven't necessarily myself got the biggest circle of friends to help me get future and not being to Uni, yet that doesn't stop me from trying my best and working on myself to be better despite where I am at now knowing that it is not something I want to settle for. 

After all, this post isn't about me and my views on Uni. It is about the big day for my cousin's graduating on 20th June this month with a degree in Sociology. This was the first time I attended a graduation and didn't really know what the ceremony would be like. Sadly on the day, my dad couldn't be with us due to him passing away last month on the 23rd. Despite that, he was with us in our hearts on this day. 

All my cousin's family came and the three of us girls and also her boyfriend to support her on her big day. During the ceremony, we watched all the students from her course and a few other, get called out and walk down and shake the president's hand of the Kingston Uni as we sat in a theatre to watch it all take place.

 Family walking up to take our seats as mum takes the picture.

Walking upstairs in the theatre to my seat.

Me, My Mum, My Sister, Auntie (Cousin's Mum) and Uncle (Cousin's Dad)
waiting to watch the graduation ceremony. 

Just a quick picture of me and my gorgourse mama together.


Once we sat down for a short while the graduation ceremony began and many different graduation students announced before Our cousin took her place to walk down and shake the Uni's president. They tried very hard during the time not to pronounce her surname wrong, however with big struggle can't pronounce the sure name at all but that didn't stop our cousin getting embarrassed taking her place to walk down as she already know that was going to happen with so all the lectures and friends at Uni also unable to pronounce her surname.


After the graduation ceremony was over the whole family went over the hall on the other side, for some champagne, orange juice and take some more photos. 



What I wore: Baby Pink Chain Quilted Bag - Ebay, Blue Floral Scuba Bandeau Palm Print Midi Dress - MissGuided, Nude Point Small Heels - Ebay. 

Once all that took place, we head over to finish off the celebrates with some food and drinks at TGI Friday's in Kingston At TGI Friday's they gave the graduate student a complimentary glass of champagne on arrival. We all got ourselves a drink to celebrate with her before all ur chosen food from the menu arrived. 






To summaries it was a nice family day that we don't often go out as such a big family and I'm sure it will be a day our cousin will never forget. Well of course the nice food needs to appropriated and a big thank you to my auntie who took us all out for the meal to celebrate afterwards.  Is there anyone who just graduated not long ago or graduating soon? I'd love to hear how your graduation went and if you did anything afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment